CEN - EN 1501-5
Refuse collection vehicles - General requirements and safety requirements - Part 5: Lifting devices for refuse collection vehicles
|Publication Date:||1 March 2021|
|ICS Code (Special purpose vehicles):||43.160|
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to lifting devices used for the emptying of designated refuse containers into RCVs and their fitting onto the RCVs when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer throughout their foreseeable lifetime as defined in Clause 4.
This document is applicable to the design and construction of the refuse container lifting devices and the mounting of other lifting devices so as to ensure that they are fitted for their function and can be operated, adjusted and maintained during their entire lifetime. It is not applicable to the end of life of the lifting devices.
This document describes and gives the safety requirements of the lifting devices for emptying refuse containers and their interfaces with the corresponding parts of the RCVs and will be used in conjunction with EN 1501-1:2021 for the rear, side and front loaded RCVs. It refers to EN 1501-4:2007 for the noise test code.
This document is not applicable to:
- operation in severe conditions e.g. extreme environmental conditions such as:
- temperatures below −20 °C and above +40 °C;
- tropical environment;
- wind velocity in excess of 75 km/h;
- contaminating environment;
- corrosive environment;
- operation in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- lifting and transportation of persons;
- emptying refuse containers other than those manufactured according to EN 840:2020 (all parts), EN 12574:2017 (all parts), EN 13071:2019 (all parts), and those described as paladin, diamond, skip containers;
- loading bulky refuse by means of platform or forks;
- handling of loads the nature of which could lead to dangerous situations (e.g. hot refuses, acids and bases, radioactive materials, contaminated refuse, especially fragile loads, explosives);
- operation on ships;
- fitting and operation on stationary compactors.
This document is not applicable to machinery which is manufactured before the date of its publication by CEN.