Cathodic protection design
|Publication Date:||1 May 2021|
This recommended practice specifies requirements for the cathodic protection of permanently installed offshore structures associated with the production of oil and gas. The following topics are covered:
- procedures for the execution and documentation of marine structure GACP design using aluminium- or zinc-based galvanic anodes
- default design parameters for GACP design
- requirements for the manufacturing of galvanic anodes for marine structures with an emphasis on quality control
- requirements for the installation of anodes on marine structures
- advice on the inspection, monitoring and retrofit of GACP systems.
The document does not include:
- potential attenuation calculations related to a voltage drop in the steel structure and in the electrolyte remotely from the anodes
- the detailed design of anode fastening devices for structural integrity
- considerations related to safety and environmental hazards associated with galvanic anode manufacture and installation.