ISO - FDIS 10535
Assistive products — Hoists for the transfer of disabled persons — Requirements and test methods
|Publication Date:||4 June 2021|
|ICS Code (Aids and adaptation for moving):||11.180.10|
This document specifies requirements and test methods for hoists and body-support units intended for the transfer of persons with disabilities. The document applies to the following products classified in ISO 9999:-1).
- 12 36 03 Mobile hoists for transferring a person in sitting position with sling seats;
- 12 36 04 Mobile hoists for transferring a person in standing position;
- 12 36 06 Mobile hoists for transferring a person in sitting position with solid seats;
- 12 36 09 Mobile hoists for transferring a person in lying position;
- 12 36 12 Stationary hoists fixed to walls, floor or ceiling;
- 12 36 15 Stationary hoists fixed to, or mounted in or on, another product;
- 12 36 18 Stationary free-standing hoists;
- 12 36 21 Body-support units for hoists.
This document covers different types of mobile and stationary hoists. Some of the requirements and test methods are general and others are only valid for specific product types.
Annexes A, B and C provide general recommendations.
This document does not apply to devices that transport persons between two levels (floors) of a building.
It does not include methods for the determination of ageing or corrosion of such hoists and units.
It does not include methods to qualify individual units prior to use.
The requirements of this document are formulated with regard to the needs of both the persons being hoisted and the attendant using the hoist.
1) Under preparation. Stage at the time of publication: ISO/DIS 9999:2020.