CENELEC - EN IEC 61326-2-3
Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use - EMC requirements - Part 2-3: Particular requirements - Test configuration, operational conditions and performance criteria for transducers with integrated or remote signal conditioning
|Publication Date:||1 June 2021|
|ICS Code (Immunity):||33.100.20|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities):||17.220.20|
In addition to the requirements of IEC 61326-1, this part of IEC 61326 specifies more detailed test configurations, operational conditions and performance criteria for transducers with integrated or remote signal conditioning.
This document applies only to transducers characterized by their ability to transform, with the aid of an auxiliary energy source, a non-electric quantity to a process-relevant electrical signal, and to output the signal at one or more PORTS. This document includes transducers for electrochemical and biological measured quantities.
The transducers covered by this document can be powered by AC or DC voltage and/or by battery or with internal power supply.
Transducers referred to by this document comprise at least the following items (see Figure 101 and Figure 102):
- one or more elements for transforming a non-electrical input quantity to an electrical quantity;
- a TRANSMISSION LINK for transferral of the electrical quantity to a component for signal conditioning;
- a unit for signal conditioning that converts the electrical quantity to a process-relevant electrical signal;
- an enclosure for enclosing the above-stated components fully or in parts.
Transducers referred to by this document can also have the following items (see Figure 101 and Figure 102):
- a communication and control unit;
- a display unit;
- control elements such as keys, buttons, switches, etc.;
- transducer output signals (for example, switch outputs, alarm outputs) which are clearly assigned to the input signal(s);
- transducers with signal conditioning which may be integrated or remote.
The manufacturer specifies the environment for which the product is intended to be used and utilizes the corresponding test levels of IEC 61326-1.
Additional requirements and exceptions for specific types of transducers are given in Annex AA, Annex BB and Annex CC to this document.