IEC - 62271-100
High-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 100: Alternating-current circuit-breakers
|Publication Date:||1 July 2021|
|ICS Code (High voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.10|
This part of IEC 62271 is applicable to three-phase AC circuit-breakers designed for indoor or outdoor installation and for operation at frequencies of 50 Hz and/or 60 Hz on systems having voltages above 1 000 V. This document includes only direct testing methods for makingbreaking tests. For synthetic testing methods refer to IEC 62271-101.
NOTE In a direct testing method one source is used to supply the voltage and current during the making and breaking tests.
This part of IEC 62271 is not applicable to:
- circuit-breakers with a closing mechanism for dependent manual operation;
- circuit-breakers intended for use on motive power units of electrical traction equipment; these are covered by IEC 60077 (all parts) 1;
- generator circuit-breakers installed between generator and step-up transformer; these are covered by the IEC 62271-37-013 ;
- self-tripping circuit-breakers with tripping devices that cannot be made inoperative during testing. Tests on automatic circuit reclosers are covered by IEC 62271-111 ;
- tests to prove the performance under abnormal conditions that are not described in this document are subject to agreement between manufacturer and user. Such abnormal conditions are, for example, cases where the voltage is higher than the rated voltage of the circuit-breaker, conditions which can occur due to sudden loss of load on long lines or cables.
1 Numbers in square brackets refer to the bibliography.