ISO - DIS 19085-4
Woodworking machines — Safety — Part 4: Vertical panel circular sawing machines
|Publication Date:||6 July 2021|
|ICS Code (Woodworking machines):||79.120.10|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
This document gives the safety requirements and measures for manually loaded and unloaded vertical panel circular sawing machines capable of continuous production use, with hand feed or integrated feed, as defined in 3.1, hereinafter referred to as "machines".
It deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events as listed in Annex A, relevant to the machines, when operated, adjusted and maintained as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer, including reasonably foreseeable misuse. Also, transport, assembly, dismantling, disabling and scrapping phases are taken into account.
It is also applicable to machines fitted with one or more of the following devices/additional working units, whose hazards have been dealt with:
- an integrated feed device;
- a device for scoring;
- an angle cutting device;
- a middle support device;
- programmable end stops for parallel vertical cuts;
- a device for grooving with a width of at most 20 mm in one pass by using a milling tool; and
- a panel pusher.
The machines are designed for cutting panels consisting of:
a) solid wood;
b) material with similar physical characteristics to wood (see ISO 19085-1:2021, 3.2);
c) composite materials with core consisting, for example, of polyurethane or mineral material laminated with light alloy;
d) polymer-matrix composite materials and reinforced thermoplastic/thermo
e) gypsum boards, gypsum bounded fibreboards.
This document does not apply to machines
- with pressure beam and saw unit mounted behind the workpiece support;
- where the guide rails on which the saw unit moves vertically are fixed on the machine frame and the horizontal cut can only be made by manually feeding the panel;
- designed to cut in vertical direction only;
- automatically performing two or more cutting cycles in sequence;
- intended for use in potentially explosive atmosphere; and
- manufactured before the date of its publication.