ETSI - TS 132 298
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; Telecommunication management; Charging management; Charging Data Record (CDR) parameter description
|Publication Date:||1 August 2021|
The present document is part of a series of Technical Specifications (TSs) that specify charging functionality and charging management in 3GPP networks. The 3GPP core network charging architecture and principles are specified in document TS 32.240 , which provides an umbrella for other charging management documents that specify:
- the content of the CDRs per domain and subsystem (offline and converged charging);
- the content of real-time charging events per domain/subsystem (online and converged charging);
- the functionality of online, offline and converged charging for those domains and subsystems;
- the interfaces that are used in the charging framework to transfer the charging information (i.e. CDRs or charging events).
The present document specifies the CDR parameters, the abstract syntax and encoding rules for all the CDR types that are defined in the charging management TSs described above. The mechanisms used to transfer the CDRs from the generating node to the operator's Billing Domain (e.g. the billing system or a mediation device) are specified in TS 32.297 . Further details with respect to internal functions of the operator's Billing Domain are out of scope of 3GPP standardisation.
The present document is related to other 3GPP charging TSs as follows:
- The common 3GPP charging architecture is specified in TS 32.240 .
- A transaction based mechanism for the transfer of CDRs within the network is specified in TS 32.295 .
- The file based mechanism used to transfer the CDRs from the network to the operator's billing domain (e.g. the billing system or a mediation device) is specified in TS 32.297 .
- The 3GPP Diameter applications used for offline and online charging are specified in TS 32.299 .
- The services, operations and procedures of charging, using Service Based Interface are specified in TS 32.290 .
- The charging service of 5G system is specified in TS 32.291 .
All terms, definitions and abbreviations used in the present document, that are common across 3GPP TSs, are defined in the 3GPP Vocabulary, TR 21.905 . Those that are common across charging management in 3GPP domains or subsystems are provided in the umbrella document TS 32.240  and are copied into clause 3 of the present document for ease of reading. Finally, those items that are specific to the present document are defined exclusively in the present document.
Furthermore, requirements that govern the charging work are specified in TS 22.115 .