CENELEC - PREN 50059
Electrostatic hand-held spraying equipment - Safety requirements - Hand-held spraying equipment for non-ignitable liquid coating materials
|Publication Date:||1 October 2021|
|ICS Code (Paint coating equipment):||87.100|
This document specifies the requirements for hand-held or hand-operated electrostatic spraying equipment for non-ignitable liquid coating materials which
- do not generate an explosive atmosphere inside the spraying area,
- are used to process coating materials with a conductivity of the complete system up to 2 000 μS/cm,
- operate with direct current having a d.c. sinusoidal ripple of not more than 10 % of the r.m.s. value and
- are used within a temperature range from 5 °C to 40 °C.
This document specifies
- requirements for the environment where spraying equipment is used,
- requirements for an interface to machinery according to EN 16985:2018,
- additional requirements for machinery according to prEN 12621:2021 and prEN 1953:2021.
This document also specifies requirements for a safe operation of electrostatic spraying equipment, including the electrical installation. The requirements consider both the processing of coating materials and the cleaning and purge processes.
For electrostatic spraying equipment used in food and pharmaceutical industry, additional requirements could apply.
This document is not applicable to
- electrostatic hand-held spraying equipment for ignitable materials, see EN 50050:2013, parts 1 to 3;
- cleaning systems for spraying devices;
- quality assurance systems for electrostatic spraying equipment (see EN ISO/IEC 80079-34:2020, Annex ZB 11).
This document is not applicable to equipment manufactured before the date of its publication as European Standard.