ETSI - TS 103 740
Speech and multimedia Transmission Quality (STQ); Transmission requirements for wideband mobile wireless terminals (hands-free) from a QoS perspective as perceived by the user
|Publication Date:||1 October 2021|
The present document provides speech transmission performance requirements for wireless terminals; it addresses several types of mobile wireless terminals, including softphones. The present document addresses hands-free functionality of wideband wireless terminals.
Test methods and performance requirements apply (but are not limited) to wireless terminals equipped with the following mobile network access functionalities:
• Circuit-switched telephony in mobile networks like e.g. GSM/2G, 3G/UMTS.
• Packet-switched mobile networks like e.g. LTE/4G, NR/5G, WLAN and WIMAX™ in conjunction with the associated telephony services like e.g. VoLTE, VoNR or VoWiFi.
The terminal may include additional analogue (e.g. electrical headset connection) or digital (e.g. Bluetooth®) interfaces (wired or wireless) between POI and acoustic test equipment. Requirements and test methods only apply to the whole terminal, i.e. the full electro-acoustic path between talker/listener and network access. Specific requirements and test methods exclusively on such additional interfaces are for further study and out of scope for the present document.
Terminals equipped with the following network access functionalities are out of scope:
• DECT - corresponding tests and requirements can be found in ETSI EN 300 176-2 [i.4]
• Wired VoIP telephony - corresponding tests and requirements can be found in ETSI ES 202 740 [i.5]
• Wireless VoIP telephony like e.g. OTT applications - corresponding tests and requirements can be found in ETSI ES 202 740 [i.5]