IEC - 60335-2-52
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-52: Particular requirements for oral hygiene appliances
|Publication Date:||1 November 2021|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Body care equipment):||97.170|
This part of IEC 60335 deals with the safety of electric oral hygiene appliances for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V, including direct current (DC) supplied appliances and battery-operated appliances.
Examples of appliances that this standard is applicable to are
- oral irrigators;
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601).