Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials - Welding procedure test - Part 12: Spot, seam and projection welding
|Publication Date:||1 November 2021|
|ICS Code (Welding processes):||25.160.10|
This document specifies the tests which can be used for qualification of welding procedure specifications for spot, seam, and projection welding processes.
NOTE The procedures are written for embossed projection welding. They can be adapted for solid projections as well, e.g. nut welding, stud welding. cross wire welding.
This document defines the conditions for carrying out tests and the limits of validity of a qualified welding procedure for all practical welding operations covered by this document.
It covers the following resistance welding processes, as defined in ISO 4063:
- 21 - resistance spot welding;
- 211 - indirect spot welding;
- 212 - direct spot welding;
- 22 - resistance seam welding;
- 221 - lap seam welding;
- 222 - mash seam welding;
- 223 - Prep-lap seam welding;
- 224 - Wire seam welding;
- 225 - foil butt-seam welding;
- 226 - seam welding with strip;
- 23 - projection welding;
- 231 - indirect projection welding;
- 232 - direct projection welding.