Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-68: Particular Requirements for Spray Extraction Machines, for Commercial Use
|Publication Date:||8 May 2020|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrical portable, non-self-propelled motor-operated
spray extraction machines
with or without attachments and with or without electrical heating elements, intended for commercial indoor use.
NOTE 101 This standard applies to machines for
. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- rental services for those machines;
- all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a
of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- battery powered motors.
Modification to replace the preceding paragraph and dashed list in the Part 2 with the following:
They are not equipped with traction drive. They include the following energy sources or power systems, or combinations of them:
- mains up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- batteries supplying 150 V or less.
NOTE 102DV Machines for the same intended function but equipped with a traction drive are covered by CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60335-2-72/UL 60335-2-72.
It is also possible for covered products to be powered by the following. Additional requirements related to these power sources are not included in this Standard.
- double layer (ultra) capacitors;
- fuel cells.
This standard applies to machines in which the pressure of the employed
does not exceed 2,5 MPa, and in which the product of the pressure (in MPa) and the flow of
(in litres per minute) does not exceed 100, and in which the temperature of the
at the spray nozzle outlet does not exceed 85 °C.
This standard does not apply to
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-2);
- floor treatment machines for
(IEC 60335-2-67, IEC 60335-2-72);
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric
(IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841).
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for picking up hazardous dusts (as defined in IEC 60335-2-69), inflammable substances, or glowing particles;
- machines designed to handle hazardous solvents, such as flammable or explosive liquids;
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries, additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered can be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
Modify the first four dashed items under "This standard does not apply to" in the Part 2 as follows:
- First dashed item: replace "(IEC 60335-2-2)" with "(CSA C22.2 No. 243/UL 1017)".
- Second dashed item: replace "(IEC 60335-2-67, IEC 60335-2-72)" with "(CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60335-2-67/UL 60335-2-67, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60335-2-72/UL 60335-2-72, CSA C22.2 No. 10, UL 558, UL 561, UL 583)".
- Third dashed item: replace "(IEC 60335-2-69)" with "(CSA C22.2 No. 60335-2-69/UL 60335-2-69, CSA C22.2 No. 243/UL 1017)".
- Fourth dashed item: replace "(IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841)" with "(CSA/UL 60745 series, CSA 61029 series, CSA C22.2 No. 71.2, UL 987, CSA/UL 62841 series)".