DODD 6495.02 VOL 1 CE-06
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response: Program Procedures
|Publication Date:||10 November 2021|
This Instruction is composed of multiple volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directives (DoDD) 5124.02 and 6495.01 (References (b) and (c)):
a. This Instruction establishes and implements policy, establishes procedures, provides guidelines and model programs, delegates authority, and assigns responsibilities regarding the prevention of and response to sexual assault in the DoD.
b. This volume:
(1) Reissues DoD Instruction (DoDI) 6495.02 (Reference (a)).
(2) Establishes policy and implements Reference (c) and assigns responsibilities and provides guidance and procedures for the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Program (see Glossary in Reference (c)).
(3) Establishes the processes and procedures for the Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) Kit.
(4) Establishes the multidisciplinary Case Management Group (CMG) (see Glossary) and provides guidance on how to handle sexual assault.
(5) Establishes SAPR minimum program standards, SAPR training requirements, and SAPR requirements for the DoD Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military consistent with Title 10, United States Code (Reference (d)), the DoD Task Force Report on Care for Victims of Sexual Assault (Reference (e)), and pursuant to References (b) and (c), and Public Laws 106-65, 108-375, 109-163, 109-364, 110-417, 111-84, 111-383, 112-81, 112-239, 113-66, and 113-291 (References (f) through (p)).
(6) Implements section 536 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 (Reference (q)) that preempts State laws that require disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII) of the adult sexual assault victim or alleged perpetrator to local or State law enforcement.
(7) Incorporates and cancels Directive-Type Memorandum (DTM) 11-063 (Reference (r)), DTM 11-062 (Reference (s)), and DTM 14-007 (Reference (t)).