IEC - 60335-2-10
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-10: Particular requirements for floor treatment machines and wet scrubbing machines
|Publication Date:||1 December 2021|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This part of IEC 60335 deals with the safety of electric floor treatment and wet scrubbing machines intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V, including direct current (DC) supplied appliances and battery-operated appliances.
Examples of floor treatment machines that this standard is applicable to are
- floor buffers;
- floor polishers;
- floor waxers.
Examples of wet scrubbing machines that this standard is applicable to are
- floor scrubbers;
- rug shampooers;
- upholstery shampooers.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless can be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, hotels, offices, schools, hospitals and similar premises, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
- vacuum cleaners and water suction cleaning appliances (IEC 60335-2-2);
- appliances intended for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour, or gas);
- floor sanding machines;
- floor treatment machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-67, IEC 60335-2-72).