Application equipment for coating materials - Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 December 2021|
|ICS Code (Paint coating equipment):||87.100|
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and hazardous events which are relevant to hand-held and automatic application equipment for organic liquid, powder or flock coating material, when used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer, including reasonably foreseeable misuse.
Together with this document, EN 50050-1:2013, EN 50050-2:2013, EN 50050-3:2013, EN 50059:2018, EN 50176:2009, EN 50177:20091, EN 50223:2015 or EN 50348:2010 give requirements for electrostatic application equipment.
The specific significant risks related to the use of application equipment with foodstuffs and pharmaceutical products are not dealt with in this document.
This document is not applicable to:
- application equipment designed for pneumatic working pressure above 15 bar;
- application equipment with rotating bell/disc designed for hydraulic working pressures above 25 bar;
- non-atomizing application equipment (e. g. extruding equipment, dispenser);
- fluidised bed powder coating machinery;
- application equipment covered by EN 50580:2012;
- supply hoses;
- high pressure water jet machines (see EN 1829-1:2021);
- airbrushes for graphic and artistic works;
- machinery for the supply and circulation of coating materials under pressure (see prEN 12621:2020);
- water-jet cutters.
This document is not applicable to application equipment manufactured before the date of its publication.
1 As impacted by EN 50177:2009/A1:2012.