ICC - I-CODE KRC
I-Codes: KRC - Kentucky Residential Code
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
The provisions of the Kentucky Residential Code for One- and Two-family Dwellings shall apply to the construction, alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, use and occupancy, location, removal, and demolition of detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses not more than three stories above grade plane in height with a separate means of egress and their accessory structures.
1. Live/work units complying with the requirements of Section 419 of the Kentucky Building Code shall be permitted to be built as one- and two-family dwellings or townhouses. Fire suppression required by Section 419.5 of the Kentucky Building Code when constructed under the International Residential Code for One- and Two- family Dwellings shall conform to Section P2904.
2. Owner-occupied lodging houses with five or fewer guestrooms shall be permitted to be constructed in accordance with the Kentucky Residential Code for One- and Two-family Dwellings when equipped with a fire sprinkler system in accordance with Section P2904.
3. Farm dwellings and other buildings and structures located on farms which are incident to the operation of the farm and located outside the boundary of a municipality; but only if they are not used in the business of retail trade, as a regular place of work for 10 or more people, or for the processing or storage of timber products.
4. Manufactured homes constructed under federal HUD standards. However, the exterior electric, water, and sewer connections and additions to the home are not exempt.
5. Swimming pools constructed completely above grade.