API - STD 676
Positive Displacement Pumps—Rotary
|Publication Date:||1 February 2022|
This standard covers the minimum requirements for rotary positive displacement process pumps and pump units for use in the petroleum, petrochemical, and gas industry services. Controlled-volume pumps, hydraulically driven pumps and positive displacement reciprocating pumps are not included (see API 674 for positive displacement reciprocating pumps and API 675 for controlled-volume pumps).
For rotary positive displacement pumps in auxiliary services (e.g. lube oil systems), manufacturer's standard with demonstrated experience is acceptable.
- Annex A contains datasheets which purchasers are encouraged to use (informative).
- Annex B provides guidance for factors affecting twin screw efficiencies (informative).
- Annex C contains an inspector's checklist (informative).
- Annex D contains information on Contract Documents and Engineering Design Data (informative)
- Annex E contains forms which may be used to indicate vendor drawing and data requirements (VDDRs) (informative).
- Annex F gives guidance regarding net positive suction head (NPSH) vs net positive inlet pressure (NPIP) (informative).
- Annex G provides a typical P&ID for multiphase pump skids (informative).
This standard requires the purchaser to specify certain details and features. A bullet [●] at the beginning of a paragraph indicates that either a decision by, or further information from, the purchaser is required. Further information should be shown on the datasheets (see example in Annex A) or stated in the quotation request and purchase order.