SNV - SN EN 10264-2
Steel wire and wire products - Steel wire for ropes - Part 2: Cold drawn non alloy steel wire for ropes for general applications
|Publication Date:||1 January 2022|
|ICS Code (Steel wire, wire ropes and link chains):||77.140.65|
This part of EN 10264 defines cold drawn non alloy steel wire used for the manufacture of:
- ropes for general applications and lifts;
- ropes for applications for which there is no specific European Standard.
This part of EN 10264 does not apply to steel wire taken from manufactured ropes.
This part of EN 10264 specifies the following for cold drawn non alloy steel wire for ropes for general applications:
- dimensional tolerances;
- mechanical characteristics;
- requirements relating to the chemical composition of the steel wire;
- conditions to be satisfied by any coating.
In addition to the requirements of this part of EN 10264, the requirements of EN 10264-1 also apply.