ETSI - TR 122 936
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; Multi-system terminals
|Publication Date:||1 April 2022|
The present document studies the behaviour of a multi system terminal that supports both 3GPP and non-3GPP systems. Particular issues handled include, but are not restricted to:
• Whether the system selection or PLMN selection should take higher priority in a multi system terminal.
• Criteria for system change.
• Interaction between the user's and the operator's preferences.
• Support of automatic and manual system selection mode.
• Different methods of system selection and their impact on 3GPP specifications.
• Some areas for possible standardization, to ensure 3GPP compliance and protection of 3GPP networks.
The present document treats non-3GPP networks in a generic way but it applies mainly to the case of 3GPP2/3GPP compliant terminals.