CEN - EN 15093
Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for hot flat rolling mills
|Publication Date:||1 March 2022|
|ICS Code (Equipment for the metallurgical industry):||77.180|
This document specifies the general safety requirements for hot rolling mills for flat products as defined in 3.1.
This document is applicable to: Plant (machinery, equipment, devices according Annex D) used for the manufacturing of metal hot rolled flat products from the from entry (1), via the mill stands (2) with roll changing devices (6), to the exit (5).
This standard does not cover:
- thermo process equipment, e.g. in accordance with the EN 746 series; including furnaces of a steckel mill;
- continuous casting machines according to EN 14753;
- hook conveyors according to EN 619;
- non-fixed load lifting attachments, e.g. according to EN 13155;
- roll shop equipment;
- storage equipment (e.g. high-bay warehouses);
- cranes, fork lifts, trucks and railway trucks and other vehicles;
- process technology (e.g. treatment of water, rolling lubricant, compressed air, etc.);
- separate cleaning system for exhaust air;
- firefighting system;
NOTE 1 Please refer to Annex C for information regarding the special requirements for protection of persons in case of using asphyxiant gases used in firefighting system.
- the design of the building, halls and civil works.
This document deals with significant hazards, hazardous situations or hazardous events relevant to hot rolling mills for flat products, when it is used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer. It provides the requirements to be met by the manufacturer to ensure the safety of persons and property during transport, commissioning, operation and decommissioning, as well as in the event of foreseeable failures or malfunctions that can occur in the equipment.
NOTE 2 For modernization, this document (C-type standard) can be applied for the part to be modernized.
This document is not applicable to hot rolling mills for flat products manufactured before the date of its publication.