CSA - C22.2 NO. 60335-2-27:22
Household and similar electrical appliances — Safety — Part 2-27: Particular requirements for appliances for skin exposure to optical radiation
|Publication Date:||1 January 2022|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Body care equipment):||97.170|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrical appliances incorporating emitters for exposing the skin to optical radiation (wavelength 100 nm to 1 mm), for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Battery-operated appliances and other DC supplied appliances are within the scope of this standard. Dual supply appliances, either mains-supplied or battery-operated, are regarded as battery-operated appliances when operated in the battery mode.
As far as practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons using the appliances in tanning salons, beauty parlours and similar premises or at home. However, in general, it does not take into account
persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities;
- IEC 60598-1 is applicable as far as is reasonable.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances for skin or hair care (IEC 60335-2-23);
- sauna heating appliances and infrared cabins (IEC 60335-2-53);
- cosmetic and beauty care appliances incorporating lasers and intense light sources (IEC 60335-2-113)
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- appliances that use UV radiation for purposes other than tanning the skin;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).