ULS - UL 2610
Commercial Premises Security Alarm Units and Systems
|Publication Date:||7 April 2021|
1 1.1 These requirements cover construction, performance, operation, and maintenance of:
- a) Central station burglar alarm systems intended and specifically designated for burglary-protection use at mercantile and banking premises, mercantile safes and vaults, and bank safes and vaults;
- b) Police station connected burglar alarm units and systems for use in mercantile premises, mercantile safes and vaults, and bank safes and vaults;
- c) Local burglar alarm units and systems for use in mercantile premises, mercantile safes and vaults, and bank safes and vaults;
- d) Proprietary burglar alarm units and systems;
- e) Holdup alarm systems of the remote-station type intended for installation in banks, stores, cashiers' cages, pay offices, and the like.
- f) Digital alarm communicator system units, interconnected to or integral, for use with central station burglar alarm systems, proprietary burglar alarm systems, police station-connected burglar alarm systems, and holdup alarm systems.
- g) Power supplies used to provide electrical power and standby power for burglar-alarm equipment in accordance with the following:
- 1) The requirements of this standard;
- 2) The Standard for Access Control System Units, UL 294;
- 3) The Standard for Intrusion-Detection Units, UL 639;
- 4) The Standard for Household Burglar-Alarm System Units, UL 1023;
- 5) The Standard for Burglary-Resistant Electric Locking Mechanisms, UL 1034; and
- 6) The Standard for Antitheft Alarms and Devices, UL 1037.