Railway applications - Adhesive bonding of rail vehicles and their components
|Publication Date:||1 August 2022|
|ICS Code (Railway rolling stock in general):||45.060.01|
|ICS Code (Adhesives):||83.180|
This document defines terms and specifies requirements for adhesive bonding and sealing work in rail vehicles and their components independent of the material of the adherend and the solidification mechanism, strength, and deformation properties of the adhesives.
This document is applicable to adhesive bonding and sealing adherends in the:
- development (pre-production);
- production (in-production);
- maintenance including repair (post-production);
- quality assurance of production, inspection, maintenance including repair of rail vehicles and their components.
This document is not applicable to:
- screw retention by the usage of adhesives, if a screw assembly without further safeguard of identical joint design is sufficient for the purpose;
- hybrid joints, if the expected function is given exclusively by another joining technology e.g. welding, screwing, riveting;
- production of vulcanizates;
- production of plywood;
- production of fibre reinforced plastic composites (FRP-composites);
- production of laminated safety glass;
- pure encapsulating of electronic parts;
- application of single-sided adhesive decorative films.