Buried Services Data Feedback (aka NR/L2/AIF/1040)
|Publication Date:||1 December 2008|
This Network Rail standard covers the feedback of information on buried services from a work site.
This standard is mandatory and applies to works and activities planned or undertaken in the vicinity of those buried services located on Network Rail owned infrastructure.
The following plans/record information processes are managed as separate systems and so are not covered by this standard:
• Signalling and telecoms cable schematic plans;
• Cable troughing plans for signal and telecom cable routes are shown on track plans (Track Engineering);
• RED ('Railtrack Energy Database') utility input records;
• Services laid out under the New Roads and Streets Act.
There is a fundamental need for Network Rail to have accurate and up to date knowledge about the location of buried services on its infrastructure.
Precise and up to date knowledge on buried services is a safety essential requirement to:
• protect workers who may undertake further ground disturbance work at the same location; and
• protect the assets for the future.