DODD 1400.25 VOL 1232
DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment of Family Members in Foreign Areas
|Publication Date:||5 January 2012|
a. Instruction. This Instruction is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. The purpose of the overall Instruction, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02 (Reference (a)), is to establish and implement policy, establish procedures, provide guidelines and model programs, delegate authority, and assign responsibilities regarding civilian personnel management within the Department of Defense.
b. Volume. In accordance with the authority in DoDD 1400.25 (Reference (b)), this Volume:
(1) Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures to improve employment opportunities for family members of military members and civilian employees stationed in foreign areas.
(2) Incorporates and cancels DoD Instruction (DoDI) 1400.23 (Reference (c)).
APPLICABILITY. This Volume:
a. Applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (hereinafter referred to collectively as the "DoD Components").
b. Does NOT apply to:
(1) Employment with the Defense Intelligence Components.
(2) Full performance level positions covered by mandatory mobility agreements.
(3) Employment of educators by the DoD Education Activity.
(4) Family members of locally hired Federal civilian employees.
(5) Family members of foreign nationals employed by DoD Components.
(6) DoD positions in foreign areas for which appointing authority for such positions is held by non-DoD agencies.
(7) Actions in accordance with applicable Status of Forces Agreements or other agreements with the host nation.