ARMY TI 800-01
|Publication Date:||20 July 1998|
Purpose. a. The purpose of these Technical Instructions (TI) is to:
(1) Establish current and uniform criteria and standards to enable quality, cost-effective, productive, and energy-efficient buildings and facilities that meet the needs and expectations of their users.
(2) Direct designers to applicable reference materials to be used for developing projects.
(3) Furnish needed and up-to-date space criteria for most of the buildings planned for future Army construction.
(4) Promote standardization of buildings and facilities world-wide in the Army, including host nation construction programs.
(5) Implement a system for managing criteria information.
Applicability. (1) This document applies to the design development and project management of buildings and facilities for CONUS and OCONUS Army installations, except medical facilities, and buildings and facilities executed for other military services and work-for-others customers, where appropriate. This includes new construction in the MILCON Program, Host nation funded construction in OCONUS locations, minor construction and non-appropriated fund projects, major alterations to existing structures for the purpose of rehabilitation or conversion into permanent facilities, and certain nonpermanent construction, as indicated.
(2) This document does not apply to Army health facilities. Criteria for these types of facilities are provided in the AEI, Medical Design Standards (reference 1-1).