Performance Standard for Overhead Electric Wire Rope Hoists
|Publication Date:||10 November 1999|
(a) This Standard establishes performance requirements for electric wire rope hoists for vertical lifting service involving material handling of freely suspended (unguided) loads using wire rope with one of the following types of suspension:
(4) base or deck mounted (does not include base mounted drum hoists of the type covered by ASME B30.7);
(5) wall or ceiling mounted (does not include base mounted drum hoists of the type covered by ASME B30.7).
(b) This Standard is applicable to hoists manufactured after the date on which this Standard is issued. This Standard is not applicable to:
(1) damaged or malfunctioning hoists;
(2) hoists that have been misused or abused;
(3) hoists that have been altered without authorization of the manufacturer or a qualified person;
(4) hoists used for the purpose of drawing both the load and the hoist up or down the hoist's own wire rope;
(5) hoists used for marine and other applications as required by the Department of Defense (DOD).