Textile-Glass-Reinforced Plastics - Prepregs, Moulding Compounds and Laminates - Determination of the Textile-Glass and Mineral-Filler Content - Calcination Methods
|Publication Date:||15 December 1996|
|ICS Code (Reinforced plastics):||83.120|
This International Standard specifies two calcination methods for the determination of the textile-glass and mineral-filler content of glass-reinforced plastics:
Method A: for the determination of the textile-glass content when no mineral fillers are present.
Method B: for the determination of the textile-glass and mineral-filler content when both components are present.
This International Standard is applicable to the following types of material:
- prepregs made from yarns, rovings, tapes or fabrics;
- SMC, BMC and DMC moulding compounds;
- filled or unfilled textile-glass laminates made with thermosetting or thermoplastic resins
The methods are not applicable to the following types of reinforced plastic:
- those containing reinforcements other than textile glass;
- those containing materials which do not completely burn off at the test temperature (for example, those based on silicone resin);
- those containing mineral fillers which degrade at temperatures below the minimum calcination temperature.
For these materials, ISO 11667, Fibre-reinforced plastics - Moulding compounds and prepregs - Determination of resin, reinforcement-fibre and mineral-filler content - Dissolution method, may be used.