Standard: VA - FED H-08-1 SEC 16050
BASIC METHODS AND REQUIREMENTS (ELECTRICAL)
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Section, Basic Methods and Requirements (Electrical) applies to all sections of Division 16.
Furnish and install electrical wiring, systems, equipment and accessories in accordance with the specifications and drawings. Capacities and ratings of motors, transformers, cable, switchboards, switchgear, panelboards, motor control centers, and other items and arrangements for the specified items are shown on drawings.
Electrical service entrance equipment (arrangements for temporary and permanent connections to the power company’s system) shall conform to the power company’s requirements. Coordinate fuses, circuit breakers and relays with the power company’s system, and obtain power company approval for sizes and settings of these devices.
Wiring ampacities specified or shown on the drawings are based on copper conductors, with the conduit and raceways accordingly sized. Aluminum conductors are prohibited.
|Organization:||U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Document Number:||fed h-08-1 sec 16050|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|