BICSI - NSC
Network Systems and Commissioning
|Publication Date:||1 January 2011|
This manual provides an overview of concepts and technologies considered to be fundamental to organizational network design. The contents of this manual are grouped into seven chapters, as follows:
• This chapter provides an overview of basic networking concepts, including network architecture, design, and project management
• Chapter 2: Network Connectivity, describes cabling and wireless technologies used to link network devices in a single building or a multi-building campus.
• Chapter 3: Fundamental Network Components, provides an overview of the hardware components used to enable building, campus, and multi-site networks.
• Chapter 4: Network Communications, describes the communications protocols associated with networks, internetworks, storage, and telecommunications circuits.
• Chapter 5: Network Administration and Security, describes the concepts, technologies, and standards associated with network management and network security.
• Chapter 6: Commercial Building Networks, provides an overview of design guidelines for building, campus, and multi-site networks, including remote access connectivity for mobile users.
• Chapter 7: Data Center Networks, provides an overview of design guidelines for data centers, including the facilities, cabling topologies, and network equipment associated with data center deployment.
Appendix A: Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Organizations,
details the sources of codes and standards and lists important
Appendix B: Legacy Technologies, provides an overview of network technologies used in the past but no longer considered for deployment within most organizations.
Appendix C: Numbering Conversions, provides a reference for numeric conversions.