Function blocks Part 2: Software tools requirements
|Publication Date:||1 January 2005|
|ICS Code (IT applications in industry):||35.240.50|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of IEC 61499 defines requirements for software tools to support the following systems engineering tasks enumerated in Clause 1 of IEC 61499-1:
- the specification of function block types;
- the functional specification of resource types and device types;
- the specification, analysis, and validation of distributed IPMCSs;
- the configuration, implementation, operation, and maintenance of distributed IPMCSs;
- the exchange of information among software tools.
It is assumed that such software tools may be used in the context of an Engineering Support System (ESS) as described in Clause C.1 of IEC 61499-1.
It is beyond the scope of this part of IEC 61499 to specify the entire life cycle of industrial-process measurement and control systems (IPMCSs), or the entire set of tasks and activities required to support an IPCMS over its life cycle. However, other standards which do specify such tasks and activities may extend or modify the requirements specified in this Part.