Chemical analysis of ferrous materials - Analysis of ferro-silicon - Determination of Si and Al by X-ray fluorescence spectrometry
|Publication Date:||1 November 2011|
|ICS Code (Irons):||77.080.10|
This Technical Report describes a X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometric method for the determination of Si and Al contents in ferro-silicon materials.
The method is applicable to:
- Si contents between 40 % and 90 %;
- Al contents between 0,5 % and 6 %.
The correction of the spectrometric measurement from spectral interferences on the analytical lines used is essential. This Technical Report is valid for the analytical lines:
- Si Kα 7.126 (for element contents between 45 % and 90 %);
- Al Kα 8.339 (for element contents between 0,8 % and 6 %);
- Fe Kα 1.937 (for element contents between 10 % and 58 %).
NOTE For matrix matching purposes, iron is included in the analytical program to be prepared.
Within the conditions here above, spectral interferences don't need to be calculated.