CENELEC - EN 60335-2-81
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2-81: Particular requirements for foot warmers and heating mats
|Publication Date:||1 March 2003|
|ICS Code (Electric heaters):||97.100.10|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric foot warmers and heating mats for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances specifically intended for use under medical supervision;
- electric blankets and pads (IEC 60335-2-17);
- electrically heated carpets;
- electrical heating appliances for breeding and rearing animals (IEC 60335-2-71).