CEN - EN 1870-13
Safety of woodworking machines - Circular sawing machines - Part 13: Horizontal beam panel sawing machines
|Publication Date:||1 December 2007|
|ICS Code (Woodworking machines):||79.120.10|
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events as listed in Clause 4 which are relevant to horizontal beam panel sawing machines where the saw unit of the front cutting line is mounted below the workpiece support and which are manually or mechanically loaded and / or unloaded, fitted with:
- a side pressure device and / or
- the facility for scoring and / or
- the facility for post-formed / soft-formed edge pre-cutting and / or
- a panel turning device and / or
- a pushing out device and / or
- pneumatic clamping of the saw blade and / or
- a powered panel loading device and / or
- a grooving device and / or
- additional cutting line(s) inside the machine for longitudinal and / or head cut (before transversal cutting line) and / or
- workpiece vacuum clamping as part of a panel turning device or of a panel loading device,
hereinafter referred to as "machines:" when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer including reasonably foreseeable misuse.
The machines are designed for cutting panels consisting of:
a) wood based materials such as chipboard, fibreboard, plywood and also these materials where they are covered with plastic/light alloy laminates which can be cut easily;
b) solid wood;
c) hardened rubber and hardened plastic material;
d) non ferrous materials e.g. light alloy;
e) gypsum boards, gypsum bounded fibreboards;
f) composite boards made from the materials listed above.
This document does not deal with specific hazards related to:
1) specific features which differ from the list above;
2) the machining of panels with grooving tools;
3) mechanical unloading of panels;
4) the combination of a single machine being used with any other machine (as part of a line).
This document is not applicable to horizontal beam panel sawing machines which are manufactured before the date of its publication as EN.
NOTE Machines covered by this standard if manually loaded and / or unloaded are listed under 1.4 of Annex IV of the Machinery Directive.