Over-the-Air Service Provisioning of Mobile Stations in Spread Spectrum Systems
|Publication Date:||1 March 2012|
Over-the-Air Service Provisioning (OTASP) consists of the following features provisioned over-the-air:
- Download of NAM operational parameters.
- Electronic Key Exchange for securely establishing the A-key and Root Key.
- System Selection for Preferred Roaming (SSPR) for providing mobile stations with information allowing acquisition of the preferred system in an area.
- Preferred User Zone List (PUZL) for providing mobile stations which support the optional User Zone feature with information allowing usage of the preferred user zone in an area.
- Download of 3G packet data operational parameters.
- Download of Multimode System Selection (MMSS) parameters.
Service Programming Lock (SPL), if provided, prevents the over-the-air provisioning of certain mobile station parameters by an unauthorized network entity.
This document describes Over-the-Air Service Provisioning in CDMA and analog systems. The procedures defined are intended to be extendable and flexible enough to be used with future air interface specifications. The procedures in this document do not require support for continuation of the service provisioning process following a CDMA-to-analog handoff.