USCG - COMDTINST M5100.5
MOTOR VEHICLE AND RECREATIONAL OFF-DUTY SAFETY MANUAL
|Publication Date:||20 June 2012|
This Manual applies to all personnel in an off-duty status as well as motor vehicle operators, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians at all Coast Guard commands, activities, units, installations and facilities, ashore and afloat, as follows:
1. All Coast Guard military personnel on official business and off duty, on and off Coast Guard installations.
2. All Coast Guard civilian personnel in a duty status on or off a Coast Guard installation.
3. All Coast Guard Auxiliarists whenever assigned to duty in support of Coast Guard missions and whenever engaged in the movement of Coast Guard property, including towing, using either a government or private motor vehicle.
4. All persons at any time in any vehicle owned, controlled, or authorized for official use by the Coast Guard.
5. All persons at any time on a Coast Guard installation including military, civilians, dependents and contract personnel.
PURPOSE. The purpose of this Manual is to establish policy and provide guidance for implementing a United States Coast Guard Motor Vehicle and Recreational Safety Program. This Manual has been substantially revised and should be read in its entirety.