Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – EMC requirements – Part 2-3: Particular requirements – Test configuration, operational conditions and performance criteria for transducers with integrated or remote signal conditioning
|Publication Date:||1 July 2012|
|ICS Code (Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)):||33.100|
|ICS Code (Electrical and electronic testing):||19.080|
|ICS Code (Electricity. Magnetism. Electrical and magnetic measurements):||17.220|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
In addition to the requirements of IEC 61326-1, this part specifies more detailed test configurations, operational conditions and performance criteria for transducers with integrated or remote signal conditioning.
This standard applies only to transducers characterized by their ability to transform, with the aid of an auxiliary energy source, a non-electric quantity to a process-relevant electrical signal, and to output the signal at one or more ports. This standard includes transducers for electrochemical and biological measured quantities.
The transducers covered by this standard may be powered by a.c. or d.c. voltage and/or by battery or with internal power supply. Transducers referred to by this standard comprise at least the following items (see Figures 101 and 102):
- one or more elements for transforming a non-electrical input quantity to an electrical quantity;
- a transmission link for transferral of the electrical quantity to a component for signal conditioning;
- a unit for signal conditioning that converts the electrical quantity to a process-relevant electrical signal;
- an enclosure for enclosing the above-stated components fully or in parts.
Transducers referred to by this standard may also have the following items (see Figures 101 and 102):
- a communication and control unit; - a display unit; - control elements such as keys, buttons, switches, etc.;
- transducer output signals (for example, switch outputs, alarm outputs) which are clearly assigned to the input signal(s);
- transducers with signal conditioning which may be integrated or remote.
The manufacturer specifies the environment for which the product is intended to be used and utilizes the corresponding test levels of IEC 61326-1.
Additional requirements and exceptions for specific types of transducers are given in the annexes to this standard.