SNV - SN EN 940+A1
Safety of woodworking machines - Combined woodworking machines
|Publication Date:||1 June 2012|
|ICS Code (Woodworking machines):||79.120.10|
This document specifies all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events as listed in Clause 4 which are relevant to stationary and displaceable combined woodworking machines with two or more of only the following integrated units:
- surface planing,
- circular sawing (working simultaneously or not with vertical spindle moulding unit),
- vertical spindle moulding,
- boring [mortising] and
- thickness planing
hereinafter referred to as machines, designed to cut solid wood, chipboard, fibreboard, plywood, and also these materials where they are covered with plastic laminates or edging or veneer, when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer including reasonably foreseeable misuse.
NOTE 1 For the definitions of stationary and displaceable machine see 3.2.12 and 3.2.13.
NOTE 2 The specific requirements on demountable power feed unit will be considered during next revision of this document.
This document does not apply to:
- combined machines which consist only of a surface planing unit and a thickness planing unit;
NOTE 3 Combined machines consisting of only of a surface planing unit and a thickness planing unit are dealt with in EN 861:2007+A2:2012.
- combined machines with a band saw unit;
- transportable motor-operated electric combined tools, or any adaptation permitting their use in a different mode, i.e. bench mounting;
NOTE 4 Transportable motor-operated electric combined tools are covered by the requirements of EN 61029-1:2009 and EN 61029-2-11:2009.
- machines with mortising unit driven by a separate motor.
This document is not applicable to combined woodworking machines which are manufactured before the date of its publication as EN.
NOTE 5 !Machines covered by this European Standard are listed under 5 of Annex IV of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.