Standard: WRC BUL 262
DERIVATION OF ASME CODE FORMULAS FOR THE DESIGN OF REVERSE FLANGES ; FUNCTIONAL TEST OF A VESSEL WITH COMPACT FLANGES IN METAL-TO-METAL CONTACT ; INTERPRETIVE REPORT ON GASKET LEAKAGE TESTING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Appendix I1 of ASME Section VIII, Division 1,1977 Edition contains rules for the design of flanges where the gasket is located inside the bolt circle and there is no contact between the flanges comprising an assembly outside the bolt circle. Further, the hub or nozzle is located at the bore of the flange. Hereafter in this paper such flanges will be denoted as "conventional" flanges. Rules are being added to Appendix I1 to cover the design of reverse flanges where the shell is attached to the outside diameter and there is no contact between the flanges of an assembly outside the bolt circle. Fig. 1 illustrates a typical reverse flange. The design procedure for reverse flanges was developed using the basic rules and procedures applicable to conventional flanges modified as necessary to account for the difference in behavior of such flanges.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 262|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|