SNV - SN EN 15861
Food processing machinery - Smokehouses - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 September 2012|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard specifies safety and hygiene requirements for the design and manufacture of smokehouses for commercial use.
The machines covered by this standard are used for the smoking of foodstuffs, especially meat, fish or similar products, as well as the connected heating and cooling processes.
Smokehouses consist of the following elements:
- Smoke chamber with equipment;
- Air handling system;
- Smoke generator;
- Pipes and ducts;
- Cleaning systems.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events and hygiene requirements relevant to smokehouses when they are used as intended and under reasonably foreseeable conditions of misuse.
This European Standard deals with the hazards which can arise during the whole life of smokehouses.
This document is not applicable to smokehouses which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
This European Standard covers the following types of smokehouses and installations:
- Smokehouses with friction smoke generator;
- Smokehouses with steam smoke generator;
- Smokehouses with liquid smoke generator;
- Smokehouses with saw dust and wood chip smoke generators;
- Smokehouses with one or several smoke chambers for batch production;
- Smokehouses for continous production.
This European Standard does not cover automatic production.