Guidelines for end-of-life information provided by manufacturers and recyclers and for recyclability rate calculation of electrical and electronic equipment
|Publication Date:||1 October 2012|
|ICS Code (Electronic components in general):||31.020|
|ICS Code (Environmental impact assessment):||13.020.30|
IEC/TR 62635, which is a technical report, provides a methodology for information exchange involving EEE manufacturers and recyclers, and for calculating the recyclability and recoverability rates to
• provide information to recyclers to enable appropriate and optimized EoL treatment operations,
• provide sufficient information to characterize activities at EoL treatment facilities in order to enable manufacturers to implement effective ECD,
• evaluate the recyclability and recoverability rates based on product attributes and reflecting real end-of-life practices.
Furthermore this technical report includes:
• criteria to describe EoL treatment scenarios;
• criteria to determine product parts that might require removal before material separation and related information to be provided by manufacturers (location and material composition);
• a format for information describing EoL scenarios and the results of EoL treatment activities;
• a method for calculating the recyclability and recoverability rate of EEE. The calculation is limited to EoL treatment and does not cover collection. The recyclability rate is expressed as a percentage of the mass of the product that can be recycled or reused, whereas the recoverability rate in addition includes a portion derived from energy recovery. This techncial report can be applied to all electrical and electronic equipment;
• some example data corresponding to identified scenarios provided in Annex D.