SNV - SN EN 1034-21
Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines - Part 21: Coating machines
|Publication Date:||1 October 2012|
|ICS Code (Equipment for the paper industry):||85.100|
This European Standard applies to coating machines applying the
wet process for off-line coating of base paper including unwind
unit, coating units, drying section, flotation and infrared dryer,
smoothing unit, integrated calender, measuring device, reel-up,
integrated sheeter, drives and control system and applies together
with EN 1034-1:2000+A1:2010.
This document does not deal with pressure hazards in steam-heated drying cylinders.
NOTE Directive 97/23/EC gives essential safety requirements for equipment under pressure.
This document does not apply to:
- paper and board making machines,
- equipment for the treatment of coating substances,
- coating machines using solvent-based colours,
- coating machines applying silicon, adhesives or resin onto the paper web,
- printing and varnishing machines,
- integrated conveyors and cranes designed for transporting reels/shells (reel spools) and for machine maintenance,
- integrated fire extinguishing equipment.
This document is not applicable to coating machines which are manufactured before the date of publication as an EN.