Standard: TAPPI T 272
FORMING HANDSHEETS FOR REFLECTANCE TESTING OF PULP (SHEET MACHINE PROCEDURE)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This practice describes the procedure using the TAPPI sheet machine for preparing reflectance-testing specimen sheets of bleached or unbleached pulp whose fibers are readily dispersed in water. This practice permits the preparation of sheets having a smooth and reproducible surface for reflectance measurements with a minimum of washing or contamination of the sample.
The pulp sample slurry is adjusted to a pH of 6.5 ± 0.5.
TAPPI Standard Practice T 218 describes a procedure for using the Büchner funnel for making handsheets for the same application. The purpose for having two practices is discussed in sections 4.3 and 4.4.
See Appendix for consideration of recycled pulps.
|Document Number:||tappi t 272|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|