Standard: TAPPI T 804
COMPRESSION TEST OF FIBERBOARD SHIPPING CONTAINERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method is used for measuring the ability of corrugated or solid fiber shipping containers to resist external compressive forces.
The method may be applied in a number of ways. For quality studies, it is usually desirable to test the empty container. For the study of compression resistance where inner packing (corner posts, etc.) is involved, tests may be made with the interior packing in place.
If overall performance of the entire pack is to be studied, the test may be conducted with the container loaded with its contents and all inner packing. In many packs the contents and inner packing share in carrying a portion of the load.
The container may be positioned in the machine so as to test the compressive resistance in a direction that is relevant to the container's use including top-to-bottom, end-to-end, or side-to-side.
|Document Number:||tappi t 804|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.