UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS TO THE WORLD'S BEST IDEAS

close

ASTM D2287

Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds

inactive
Buy Now
Organization: ASTM
Publication Date: 1 October 2012
Status: inactive
Page Count: 4
scope:

This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % can include one or more monomers copolymerized with vinyl chloride or consist of other resins mechanically blended with polyvinyl chloride or copolymers thereof.

These nonrigid vinyl compounds are defined by a hardness range and include the necessary stabilizers, plasticizers, fillers, dyes, and pigments to meet the designated requirements.

This specification includes nonrigid vinyl chloride compounds recommended for compression molding, injection molding, and extrusion, but it must be recognized that particular compounds are not suitable for all these means of fabrication.

NOTE 1-This standard and ISO 2898-1 and ISO 2898-2 address the same subject matter, but differ in technical content.

The values stated in SI units are to be regarded as the standard. The values given in parentheses are for information only.

This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.

The text of this specification references notes and footnotes which provide explanatory material. These notes and footnotes (excluding those in tables and figures) shall not be considered as requirements of this specification.

Recycle PVC plastics meeting the requirements of this specification may be used in some applications. Refer to the specific requirements in the Materials and Manufacture section of the applicable product standard.

*A Summary of Changes section appears at the end of this standard

Document History

November 1, 2019
Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
This classification system standard covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10...
ASTM D2287
October 1, 2012
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % can include one...
September 1, 2011
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % can include one...
November 10, 1996
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % may include one...
November 10, 1996
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
1. Scope 1.1 This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 %...
November 10, 1996
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % may include one...
January 1, 1992
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
A description is not available for this item.
June 26, 1981
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Polymer and Copolymer Molding and Extrusion Compounds
This specification covers nonrigid vinyl chloride polymer and copolymer classes in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % may include one...
June 26, 1981
STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR NONRIGID VINYL CHLORIDE POLYMER AND COPOLYMER MOLDING AND EXTRUSION COMPOUNDS (R 1988)
A description is not available for this item.

References

Advertisement