ETSI - TS 101 376-3-22
GEO-Mobile Radio Interface Specifications (Release 3); Third Generation Satellite Packet Radio Service; Part 3: Network specifications; Sub-part 22: Overall description of the GMPRS radio interface; Stage 2; GMR-1 3G 43.064
|Publication Date:||1 February 2011|
The present document provides the overall description for lower-layer functions of the GEO-Mobile Radio Third Generation Satellite Packet Radio Service (GMR-1 3G) radio interface.
The overall description provides the following information:
• The services offered to higher-layer functions.
• The distribution of required functions into functional groups.
• A definition of the capabilities of each functional group.
• Service primitives for each functional group, including a description of what services and information flows are to be provided.
• A model of operation for information flows within and between the functions.
The present document is applicable to the following GMR-1 3G functional layers:
• Radio Link Control functions.
• Medium Access Control functions.
• Physical Link Control functions.
The present document describes the information transfer and control functions to be used across the GMR-1 3G radio interface for communication between the MES and the Network.
The overall GMR-1 3G logical architecture and the GMR-1 3G functional layers above the Radio Link Control and Medium Access Control layer are the same as GSM/GPRS as described in TS 123 060 .
TS 101 376-4-7  contains a description in general terms of the structured functions and procedures of this protocol and the relationship of this protocol with other layers and entities.
TS 101 376-4-8  contains the definition of GMR-1 3G RLC/MAC procedures when operating on the Common Control Channel (CCCH).
TS 101 376-4-12  contains the definition of RLC/MAC functions when operating on a Packet Data Channel (PDCH).
The functional procedures for the Logical Link Control (LLC) layer above the RLC/MAC are the same as GSM/GPRS as described in TS 144 064 .
TS 101 376-5-1  and the GMR-1 3G 45-series  to  to defines the Physical Link layer and Physical RF layer.