Requirements for the support of machine-oriented communication applications in the next generation network environment
|Publication Date:||1 June 2012|
This Recommendation covers extensions and additions to next generation networks as well as device capabilities in order to support machine-oriented communication (MOC) applications in the NGN environment. Although this Recommendation deals with the support of MOC applications in the NGN environment, these capabilities can conceptually be applicable to other networks.
The scope of this Recommendation includes:
• network overview; description of an MOC ecosystem and the characteristics of MOC
• service requirements for the support of MOC applications
• requirements of NGN capabilities based on MOC service
• requirements requirements of MOC-device domain capabilities based on MOC service
• requirements reference framework for MOC capabilities.
NOTE - Appendix I provides details of actors and roles in an MOC ecosystem and Appendix II provides relevant use cases of MOC applications in the NGN environment.