SNV - SN EN 12669
Direct gas-fired hot air blowers for use in greenhouses and supplementary non-domestic space heating
|Publication Date:||1 October 2000|
|ICS Code (Gas heaters):||97.100.20|
This European Standard specifies the requirements and test methods for the safety of direct gas-fired hot air blowers for greenhouses, agriculturalized or supplementary space heating, hereinafter called "appliances".
"Supplementary" in this standard means to make up a deficiency, i.e. for the temporary heating of spaces intended for agricultural or commercial use:
- workshops, sheds, stables, poultry houses, barns, cattle pens, etc.
- factories, workshops, warehouses, storage sheds, mills, hangers, drying of buildings, temporary site accommodation, etc.
This standard applies to appliances of type A3 with heat input 180 kW or less, based on the net calorific value, fitted with integral burners, including appliances designed for outdoor installation. Provision of the heated air will be directly into the heated space.
This standard does not apply to:
- appliances intended for use in residential dwellings;
- appliances fitted with gas boosters;
- appliances fitted with air/gas ratio controls;
- appliances fitted with forced draught package burners;
- appliances which incorporate a main burner having more than one section under a common burner control, of which one or more sections may be extinguished whilst another section remains in operation;
- mobile and transportable dedicated LPG appliances.
This standard does not cover the requirements relating to third family gas cylinders, their regulators and their connection.
This European Standard is applicable to appliances which are intended to be type tested.