CEN - EN 12428
Industrial, commercial and garage doors - Thermal transmittance - Requirements for the calculation
|Publication Date:||1 January 2013|
|ICS Code (Doors and windows):||91.060.50|
This European Standard specifies a method for calculating the thermal transmittance of industrial, commercial and garage doors in a closed position.
The doors are intended for installation in areas in the reach of people, for which the main intended uses are giving safe access for goods, vehicles and persons in industrial, commercial or residential premises.
The doors may be manually or power operated.
This document applies to all doors provided in accordance with EN 13241-1.
The calculation can include different types of glazing, frames with or without thermal breaks, and different types of opaque panels and thermal bridge effects at the edge of the panel or joint between the glazed area, the frame area and the panel area.
This paper does not include the effects of solar radiation, heat transfer caused by air leakage, calculation of condensation, additional heat transfer at the corners and edges of the door connections to the main building structure, or thermal effects between the door and the main building structure.
It does not apply to:
- lock gates and dock gates;
- doors on lifts;
- doors on vehicles;
- armoured doors;
- doors mainly for the retention of animals;
- theatre textile curtains;
- horizontally moving doors less than 2,5 m wide and 6,25 m2 area, designed principally for pedestrian use;
- revolving doors of any size;
- doors outside the reach of people (such as crane gantry fences);
- railway barriers;
- barriers used solely for vehicles.