CEI EN 50564
Electrical and electronic household and office equipment - Measurement of low power consumption
|Publication Date:||1 January 2013|
|ICS Code (Domestic electrical appliances in general):||97.030|
This European Standard specifies methods of measurement of electrical power consumption and the reporting of the results for a range of electrical and electronic household and office equipment, hereafter referred to as products.
- addresses issues associated with measuring electrical power, in particular low power (in the order of a few Watts or less), consumed by mains powered products,
- describes in detail the requirements for testing single phase products with a rated input voltage in the range of 100 V a.c. to 250 V a.c. but it may, with some adaptations, also be used with three phase products,
- may also be of assistance in determining the energy efficiency of products in conjunction with other, more specific, product standards.
The value of energy consumed will depend on the operating mode of the product under test, for instance whether the equipment is in an off mode, in a standby mode or in an active mode. This standard does not specify these modes and so it is not possible to use this standard on its own. Instead, it provides a method of measurement with a variety of modes which are defined elsewhere.
This standard does not
- specify safety requirements,
- specify minimum performance requirements,
- set maximum limits on power or energy consumption,
- contain limit values or procedures for verifying compliance with regulatory requirements.
NOTE Z1 This standard has been written in particular to support EC Commission Regulation n° 1275/2008 for the measurement of off mode and standby mode power consumption. This standard specifies methods of measurement of electrical power consumption in standby mode(s) and other low power modes (off mode), as applicable.
NOTE Z2 This standard is applicable to electrical products with a rated input voltage of 230 V a.c. for single phase products and 400 V a.c. for three phase products.
NOTE Z3 The measurement of energy consumption and performance of products during intended use are generally specified in more specific product standards and are not covered by this standard.
NOTE Z4 The term "products" in this standard includes household appliances or information technology products, consumer electronics, audio, video and multimedia systems, however the measurement methodology could be applied to other products.
NOTE Z5 Where this standard is referenced by more specific standards or procedures, these should define and name the relevant conditions to which this test procedure is applied.